We’re Australia’s #1 online marketplace for second hand designer furniture
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Buyers and sellers consistently rate our customer service 5 stars
2 ways to sell
Whether you have just a couple of pieces to sell, a whole house full of treasures or a shop, there is an option for everyone!
Why sell with us?
- We help you get the highest market value.
- We make it easy for buyers to understand the beauty and value of your item.
- We curate and organise our selection so buyers can easily find what they’re looking for.
- We market to a design-savvy community.
- We provide a secure online payment platform that buyers appreciate.
- We coordinate professional delivery so you don’t have to.
- We take care of logistics, making it easier for you and for buyers.
FAQs for Sellers
Buying: We cater to buyers all across Australia. Buyers in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane metro areas can checkout including delivery. Buyers outside these areas will need to Contact Us to get a shipping quote or arrange their own shipping.
Selling: Our DIY selling option is available for Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane metro area sellers. For sellers from other locations, please first Contact Us to ascertain whether we can list your item. Our Concierge selling option is available in the Sydney metro area.
If you are unsure how to value your item, we are happy to assist.
Get in touch via our contact page and select ‘I’d like to sell something’ in the ‘My enquiry is about…’ field.
We calculate commission on the selling price. Our commission is 25%
We’d like to think that Two Design Lovers is the best place to sell your pre-loved items as we are catering to a design loving community. It is a condition of listing with us that if you do offer your item for sale elsewhere you may not do so at a lower price (ex-delivery).
Two Design Lovers is not the right place to sell your pre-loved IKEA or low quality furniture. If you believe you have a unique and quality item that you are prepared to list for less than $100 please send an email with a photo of the item to firstname.lastname@example.org for our consideration.
Please send us an enquiry via our contact form if you have second hand lighting to sell.
No. You may take photos on a phone or camera. We do our magic to make your photo look good. Bear in mind that we can only work with what you give us. A photo taken in poor quality light that affects how the colour looks may mislead a buyer and cost you money for a valid Return. Have you read our Important Tips? They include our photography guidelines.
Find out if you qualify for our Professional Seller Programme here. Otherwise, our rates are fixed for all sellers.
- As soon as your item sells, we begin the process of coordinating pick up and delivery. That can take up to 21 days depending on the availability and location of the buyer and seller, and the logistics schedule of the delivery provider.
- Following delivery, we allow buyers 24 hours to notify us of any defect in the item.
- If there is no issue, we process payments to sellers within 7 days following the expiry of that 24 hour period.
- Sellers should note that, sometimes it might not be practical to deliver to the buyer on the same day the item is collected from the seller in which case the item will be safely stored by our professional delivery partner during the interim.
- The time for payment will only start following the completed delivery to the buyer.
- Typically payment will be received within 14 days of the item being picked up.
It’s a condition of listing an item for sale with Two Design Lovers that you notify us immediately if your item ceases to be available. You can send us an email at email@example.com or contact us here. You can check our Terms and Conditions for further details.
If you are short on time, we can schedule an appointment where we come to your home to photograph and detail the item for your listing. We charge 33% commission for our Concierge Service clients. This service is currently available within the Sydney metropolitan area.